"It doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world.... " -Rick
The lives of Chris & Amber, married Aug.'03. We are Christians, we have confessed Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior! We believe that He died on the cross because sin needed to be paid for, and His blood cleanses our sins, and He forgives us and and leads our life! We live our lives for Him and look forward to eternity with Jesus! We both work, and are both musical,love to go the beach, play games, go to Disneyland, and hang out with friends and family!
Thursday, June 15, 2006
Casablanca!
Our movie theater does a classic series once a month and last month they were showing "Casablanca ." I love that movie and I thought it would be so much fun to see it on the big screen, plus Chris had never seen it! They were showing it in two theaters, and we got there an hour early and we barely made it, it was packed! It was fun to see it with a lot of people, the audience really got into it and clapped throughout the movie. Chris really liked it too, he's not normally a fan of black & white movies like I am, but I told him I knew he'd like this one! They told some trivia about the movie before it started, it was originally a play that did not do very well, the man who wrote it was in a night club and he thought that it would be a great idea to have a movie focusing around an old night club and the whole plot came to him that night. When it went on to become a movie, it was re-written, and re-written, nine different screenplay writers worked on it, and it was being changed even while the movie was being filmed. Ingrid Bergman (Ilsa) said that she didn't know which man she was going to end up with, and said she was glad because she thinks it added to her performance, that she really was confused and didn't know. Of course we all think of Casablanca every time we hear "As Time Goes By." Personally, I think the movie is still famous because of the patriotism and heroism, and most of all the sacrifice of Rick, Ilsa, and Victor, about how they all are willing to sacrifice everything including what they want and their happiness, all for the war. I also think the acting is superb and people never get sick of watching truly great acting, so that's my opinion! :D Here are some of the very famous quotes.....Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine........Round up the usual suspects.......Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



" Play it Sam. For old times' sake, play, 'As Time Goes By' " -Ilsa
No comments:
Post a Comment