Monday, January 09, 2006

The gospel

If you read the devotional below (and I hope you all did!!) you will see that at the end it says to summarize the gospel in 20 words or less. Well, I thought I would try to do it and here it is. If you guys want to try it, e-mail me what you came up with and I will post them on the blog too. It would be fun if a lot if people did this, so give it a go!! I based mine on the A, B, C's of salvation.... A- Acknowledge that we have sinned Rom 3:23, B-Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ Acts 16:31, C- Confess our sins....He will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness...1 John 1:9 I'll ask Chris to do this too! :-D -Amber The gospel in 20 words or less: WE'RE DEAD IN SIN-4 JESUS DIED FOR EVERYONE-4 JESUS' BLOOD CLEANSES SIN- 4 CONFESS YOUR SIN, ACCEPT JESUS-5 HE FORGIVES US-3 GRAND TOTAL = 2O WORDS :)

3 comments:

1of14 said...

Hey, Amber, loved your blog! Why haven't I seen this sooner?!

The gospel in twenty words? I can't be good enough to get to heaven. Jesus' gave His perfect life up so I could be.

1of14 said...

*Maybe I should make that: I couldn't be good enough to get to heaven... (instead of can't)

For if we have been planted together in the likeness of His death, we shall be also in the likeness of His resurrection...

Chris and Amber said...

I'm glad you liked the blog Tiffany! Thanks for posting the gospel in 20 words!! Great job!! :) Good to hear from you!!